Personal Characteristics and Family of Origin LIMRI
The Personal Characteristics & Family of Origin Assessment is a popular assessment. Every person’s family of origin has a significant influence on personal characteristics and naturally impacts intimate relationships, habits, careers, and parenting styles.
Personal Characteristics is one of the significant factors of attraction in a relationship. The assessment includes mother/father characteristics and their parent’s relationship.
- Personal Characteristics has thirteen statements.
- Mother/Father Personal Characteristics has sixteen statements each.
- Mother/Father’s Marriage Relationship has ten statements.
The report categorizes each person’s responses into three areas of engagement: Agreement with each other’s answers of Always/Frequently, Agreement with each other’s answers of Sometimes/Never, and Disagreement with each other’s answers of statements like I set high standards for myself. I never allow myself to fail; my mother/father was forgiving; my mother/father was dominant or passive.
- Always/Frequency worksheets help couples identify and discuss how personal characteristics with high intensity can positively and negatively influence their relationship.
- Sometimes/Never worksheets help couples identify and discuss how personal characteristics with low intensity can positively and negatively influence their relationship.
- Growth Plans are devotionals that guide couples toward discovery and enrichment.
Going Further – Resources
Recommended book: The Journey to Oneness: Enriching, Renewing and Reconciling Marriage Relationships (by Ron Hitchcock).