Life In Motion Relationship Resources offers a personality assessment for single adults that shows how each person is a unique, unrepeatable, miracle of God. Your personality and behavioral traits have great influence on how people relate to you and you to them. The assessment will help you identify what is good and best about you.
You will choose between twenty-eight statements such as: “I am most determined” or “I am least easy-going”.
The DISC is an acronym for Dominance, Influence, Steady, and Conscientious. These personality traits are equal in value even though cultural bias can place one trait above another.
- The report gives a side-by-side comparison of your most and least dominate characteristics and how they influence people around you. You will also discover how these characteristics play a significant role in your spiritual formation.
The Personal Application Life Plan helps you recognize patterns of engagement or cut-off with others.
The Bible teaches “we are his workmanship” and so our personalities become a way of modeling God’s glory and goodness to everyone around us. This assessment can help you become more aware of how your temperament reveals God’s workmanship in you.
The acronym for the DISC is explained below:
- The D characteristic—quick decision making, task oriented and unwavering determination.
- The I characteristic—-high value on relationships and fun.
- The S characteristic—stability, process and loyalty.
- The C characteristic——a commitment to excellence and critical thinking.
The familiar saying “variety is the spice of life” is so true and this assessment will help each person understand how their DISC pattern influences their friendships and careers.
This is a great assessment for small groups and ministry teams. They will learn to celebrate each other and recognize how their DISC Patterns can add value to the group.
Going Further – Resources
Recommended Book: The Journey to Oneness: Enriching, Renewing and Reconciling Marriage Relationships (by Ron Hitchcock).