The Personal Characteristics Assessment is a popular inventory for dating, engaged, and married couples. A man and woman’s personal characteristics are a significant factor of attraction to each other. A couple will also discover how personal characteristics influence habits, careers, friendships, and parenting styles.
Personal characteristics have a significant influence on relationship satisfaction. A couple will do well to validate and celebrate each other’s unique way of responding to life and its challenges. These characteristics are deeply personal and represent one’s core beliefs and values. Individual traits can be a great asset or feel challenging at times.
The report groups the couple’s responses into two areas of engagement:
- Agreement with each other’s view of Always/Frequently.
- Disagreement with each other’s view of Sometimes/Never
The Personal Characteristics Assessment asks couples to respond to thirteen statements, such as I never allow myself to fail, and I am sensitive to criticism. The report gives a side by side comparison of the man’s and woman’s self-views of their personal characteristics and their views of each other’s individual characteristics. The statements will read boy/girlfriend for dating couples, fiancé for engaged couples, and spouse for married couples.
The personalized report includes:
- Growth Plans are devotionals that help couples begin their journey of enrichment.
- Always/frequency worksheets help couples identify and discuss how personal characteristics with high intensity can positively and negatively influence their relationship.
- Sometimes/never worksheets help couples identify and discuss how personal characteristics with low intensity can positively and negatively influence their relationship.